Sunday, October 09, 2005

Poms

I decided I'd say at least one thing good about the poms today - no particular reason - and it is this: If the English know how to do one thing right it is making fantastic comedies. Fawlty Towers, The Blackadder, Mr Bean - the show, not the movie which was a hideous american travesty. You morons, Mr Bean doesn't get a happy feel good ending. MORONS. I will never forgive America for that.

Ok, kinda sidetracked. I think I've been reading too much of The Mogambo Guru.

Then I started thinking. Ok, I can think of a hundred great British comedies. How about software? Is there some software I use every day that came from England?

Well there are probably plenty of things, and I'm just not aware of them. Who knows, or cares, where their software comes from these days, geographically speaking.

While thinking about this I fired up a VNC session to check out something on my desktop at work. Of course I am pretty thick, so it was a few minutes later that the original web address of VNC occurred to me( uk.att.com/vnc I think it was). So, of course I trip on over to www.realvnc.com and it appears VNC originated in the AT&T labs in Cambridge, England.

Yes, it is a slow news day. Thanks for asking.

No comments: