Monday, November 07, 2005

Statement of Audience
---------------------
I realize that nothing I say matters to anyone else on the entire planet. My opinions are useless and unfocused. I am an expert in nothing. I know nothing. I am confused about almost everything. I cannot, as an individual, ever possibly know everything, or even enough to make editorial commentary on the vast vast majority of things that exist in my world. This is a stupid document; it is meaningless drivel that I do not expect any of the several billion people on my planet to actually read. People who do read my rambling, incoherent dumbfuckery are probably just as confused as I am, if not moreso, as they are looking to my sorry ass for an opinion when they should be outside playing Frisbee with their dog or screwing their life partner or getting a dog or getting a life partner. Anyone who actually takes the time to read my bullshit probably deserves to ingest my fucked up and obviously mistaken opinions on whatever it is that I have written about.

Ben
http://mama.indstate.edu/users/bones/WhyIHateWebLogs.html
Please add the above Statement of Audience to your own weblog.

10 comments:

Cherie said...

I think this pretty much sums up the way most people are in this world. Things are just moving so dang fast, especially for the elderly. Ah to be 10 again, this time with my laptop.

Cherie said...

I think this is the way most people feel about things today. Technology is moving so fast for most people to keep up, especially for the elderly. Ah to be 10 again, this time with my laptop.

Anonymous said...

Blog information helps out a lot, and I like the style of your blog here. Interesting information and useful content... I think I add you to my favorites. With your permission I'll be coming back.

Great job making this blog (maybe you could give me some tips on mine :-) keep up the good work!

~ have a nice day.
Making Out - French Kissing Tips (my site)

Lons said...

Clearly, weblogs are not stupid if they can provide useful insights like "French Kissing Tips." I mean, when you were a child, did you ever imagine a world in which total strangers could provide you with advice for jamming your tongue down someone else's throat using only a home computer?

Ben said...

Lons,

Yeah, you have a point there. Of course in my day we didn't have electricity. We lived in a shoe box in the middle of the road...

... but let's kill the gratuitous Monty Python reference right now.

As Cherie said: "Ah to be 10 again, this time with my laptop".

I am going to go and create two more weblogs now, so I have more of them than you :)

Origami Hammer said...

Dude, here:
http://dyelaughing.blogspot.com/2005/11/create-something.html

At some point everyone questions the significance of their own endeavors.

Ben said...

Excellent. Well said.

Lorraine said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Ben said...

Thanks. Sometimes I make myself laught by, you know, threating myself that if I don't then bad things will happen.

Lorraine said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.