Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Xubuntu - Ubuntu with XFCE

Xubuntu - Ubuntu Wiki: "The aim of the Xubuntu community project is to provide a nice Ubuntu desktop experience (even on older hardware) by using Xfce4 as the desktop environment and GTK 2 applications wherever possible."

I'd just kind of assumed it was Ubuntu for the XBox or something. Yes I am a bit thick.

I'm not convinced that having a seperate Ubuntu for each window manager and/or desktop environment is really the way to go, but what the hell do I know.

Looking forward to FluxboxUbuntu, E17Ubuntu, and WindowmakerUbuntu. Also, how about one that uses the Explorer shell - it could be called BSODUbuntu.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You really do suck at naming things.
Here, let me give you a hand.
Flubuntu
Ebuntu
wubuntu
Windows-sucks-untu-the-end

I like the last one best.