Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Activate Your Brain and IQ

Another google ad. Under the enticing heading above we get "Lab proven to amplify IQ, brain functions & intelligence. It's easy"

I think these guys need to use some of their own kool-aid, because, well, the first sentence isn't a sentence on account of the subject being missing, and the second one needs a period at the end, dammit.

(Unless "Lab" is the subject, and I guess that's possible. If so, I want one of those labs. But I don't think that's what they meant. Of course the subject could be implied, inferred, whatever, but we don't need no damn english lessons.)

Oh, and also, if the brain isn't active you are dead, or a record company executive, and no amount of glorified relaxation music is going to help. Morons.

7 comments:

Ben said...

And, yes I know my grammar is also lousy, but I am not the one trying to sell crappy elevator music as brain boosting wonder juice. So there.

SquareGirl said...

I thought they were talking about a dog...they can improve some peoples intelligence, I'll have you know...

Ben said...

That would make more sense than what they are trying to sell.

SquareGirl said...

Yes, I see now...perhaps you should make an ad that promises the same, but via Labs (the dog version)...

Ben said...

Great idea, except that sounds like something that would require a bit of effort and creativity. Unfortuately I am lazy and dull and am not even likely to finish this sentence, let alone...

Lorraine said...

now I understand Squaregirls' kool-aid comment on Henry the A------
it pays to be informed!

Ben said...

Actually that's not quite right. Should be "It pays to be employed." or possibly "It pays to be uninformed" or my personal favourite, "It pays to be paid."