Saturday, February 18, 2006

Blogexplosion - The Complete Waste of Time

The Great Blogexplosion Experiment has concluded. The verdict has been previously hinted at in the title of this post. Too subtle?

Reasons why Blogexplosion doesn't turn me on:

  1. My average hit count did not increase. Of course this could be due to the suckiness of my content, but more on that below. (Suckiness is a word, right?)
  2. Spending time on blogexplosion distracted me from actually creating content, and being distracted meant the content I did create had an increased suckiness quotient as measured on the patented Shooting Lawyers scale, which used to be called the "Man This Sucks" scale, but has recently been renamed in honour of that american politician wanker who shot that lawyer dude. The word dude sucks big time, which is why I use it so much - just to highlight how awful it is.
  3. There has to be at least three items, otherwise it's not really a list, now is it. So the third item is: My blog did not actually explode. Imagine the disappointment. I like explosions, and fires. Also pizza. Pizza is good.
So there it is, another pointless post on the road to obscurity.

16 comments:

Marie said...

Weird because I'm reading this while I'm surfing Blog Explosion.

Peter Rivendell said...

...and I cam here from a Blog Explosion link.

I can totally see what you`re getting at though...
...and pizza. Yes, indeed.

Poppy Buxom said...

I'm here from BlogExplosion too. And I'll Blogmark you--if you'll send me a slice of that pizza you mentioned.

Ben said...

Monika:
Ah, yes, but when I stop surfing blogexplosion myself the hits drop back to previous levels, so blogexplosion is not resulting in an increase in average hit count. As mentioned this is probably due to my crappy content, but I prefer to blame Blogexplosion :)

peter:
Yes, one should not underestimate the importance of pizza.

poppy buxom:
I will email it to you... oh, bugger, now I have melted cheese on my scanner... bugger... PS you sure have a lot of blogger blogs.

PPS My real weblog is at Henry the Adequate

george said...

i am also here from blogexplosion but I am now day two into my experiment and i am already 1-4 in terms of Blog Battles which is fun except for my four losses

Ben said...

Yes, strange how losing is not nearly as much fun as winning. :)

Joe Brochin said...

I also found your Blog through blog explosion. And subscribed to your blog
when I first seen it a few weeks ago.

By the way Henry is a riot.

Ben said...

Hi Joe. Thanks. So, what you're all saying is I'm wrong about item 1. :)

There's still 2 and 3 though, especially 3.

SquareGirl said...

so dude, fyi, I found your blog via Italk2much and am pretty certain I would never have found it through Blog Explosion. Of course I am dissapointed as well, as one of the main reasons for looking at your other blog is because I love explosions as well...and pizza...oh yeah and of course the shiny things...

Ben said...

lol, yeah, gotta love those shiny things.

IT2M is great. I've got a thing for the bitter bitch (a shiny thing actually), but don't tell.

SquareGirl said...

I won't. I actually have a thing for Bitter Bitch as well.

Ben said...

Great, thanks :)

Dragon said...

I found you while trying to find out how to connect to BlogExplosion,,you started me thinking, maybe he's right, but then , maybe he just sucks,(that is a great word). SO, I followed your comment and found a whole lot of people who you aren't reaching ! NOW, I'm confused as shit !I'm gonna stick with Explosion for a while !

Ben said...

My advice to you is to never take any advice from me :)

Miss Ann Thrope said...

Rent a blog. I'm telling ya. I went from my loyal 35-50 visitors to some ridiculous triple digit number. I want you to live with me. You are soooo not co-operating.

Ben said...

Alright alright. I'll give it a go. Just a minute while I tell my wife I'm moving out.