Monday, February 06, 2006

Helping Users

The best way to help a user is `cat /dev/axe > /dev/user1/brain`

Ok, phew, wasn't that fun. I just love attempts at applying meaningless pseudo-code to real world situations, don't you. And it gives me such a feeling of superiority too, because I understand it, and a brain-dead wookie might not. (Got to watch out for those wookies, damn them).

But, and here's the serious bit [start serious mode] (see), I do spend a lot of time helping users, and only a relatively small number of those users are wookies, or wookie-like, or could qualify as wookies with the right training. So, given that I have a certain amount of experience with the User of the species, I can now say with some certainty, and in way more words than are necessary, but that's my thing really isn't it... I can now say with some certainty that the best and most reliable way to help a user is to... [end serious mode] crack their skull open with an axe.

Anyway, here is a list of the tech news that I have found interesting lately:
  • ...
  • ...
  • ...
Hell of a list, isn't it.

Oh, and ps, did I mention the wookie?

No comments: