Friday, April 28, 2006

Stupidities

I use Konsole under KDE (KDE 3.5.2 on Debian, to be exact). It is sweet. It is neat. Those developers sure are clever chaps, especially that guy Pete.

But then there's the bit that makes me laugh, and shake my head in wonder - actually, kind of a reverse-wonder - and say "WTF were you guys thinking".

Hey, look, I can click "Settings/Save Sessions Profile". This is great because I generally have quite a few tabs open, all configured differently to suit different purposes (ie administering a VMS box requires a different keymapping to a normal bash session), so being able to save and restore a whole group of sessions (tabs) is really neat..... Hang on a minute... Where's the "Restore Sessions Profile" menu item?

This is the bit where I giggle insanely, because it is really funny when smart people do stupid things.

Yes I know I can run "konsole --profile ben". Shut up.

14 comments:

Lorraine said...

I come here to learn, and I do. I learn I'm really ignorant.
The stupidity you laugh about is soooo beyond my comprehension, but I fake a laugh, just in case the little men inside the computer can hear me!

Ben said...

There is a little man inside your computer. He runs around and puts ones and noughts in little boxes. If you don't laugh he will put them in the wrong boxes, because he is an arsehole.

Lorraine said...

oh I see, and that would be...the administrator?

Ben said...

No, there really is a tiny little guy who runs around inside the computer and puts numbers in boxes. Honest.

Lorraine said...

Giggle away smart ass...one day You Will Need a French Translation! and I'll be sooooo ready

Lorraine said...

I think Mr. dedicated got confused, maybe he thinks it's my blog

Ben said...

Damn comment spam.

Lorraine said...

You shouldn't have deleted it, now I look like an id....never mind!

Keith said...

What happened to gnome review? You must not have found the experience pleasant since you rushed right back to KDE.

Ben said...

Keith. Oh, that. Yeah. Been busy with Henry the Adequate

Also, I still use KDE at work.

Lorraine said...

Go ahead and laugh, but what's better than AOL?

are you done yet?

Lorraine said...

Do I have to show some cleavage to get an answer?

Ben said...

Uh... that would probably help, but no, it's just that your questions are so deep I feel it is necessary to give you a really comprehensive answer.

For example: "What's better than AOL". I started making a list, and wanted to make sure I didn't miss anything, but now I have run out of hard drive space - only had 80GB after all. Am currently waiting for a hardware upgrade, before I can reply.

Lorraine said...

lol creep