Thursday, June 08, 2006

Dell: Sod off

I work for a company that employs approximately three hundred people. We have a couple of Dell rack mount servers, as well as some DEC/Alpha servers, and other stuff. Stuff is a technical term. It means, "I am too lazy to be specific". We also have 50+ client machines, plus a small bucket load of vt420s and the like.

Sometimes we buy Dell, sometimes HP, sometimes white box. Of all the people we deal with Dell are the only ones who make us renew our credit account every single time we try to buy something. Seriously. This may be why we don't buy much from them.

Anyway, recently we're in the market for a particular item, and for whatever reason we decide to go with Dell. As usual our credit account has been cancelled by virtue of not having been used in six months. And so we go through the Dell shuffle - being transferred to half of south east Asia - fill out the paperwork, again, send it off.

Wait. Nothing. Wait. Email them. Phone the account guy.

Finally a response from Dell: "Sod off. We don't want to do business with you."

What a bunch of pricks.

5 comments:

MADCAP said...

stuff is a techy term huh? Whoa... now I too can say stuff more often and pretend being geeky... yay!!

MADCAP said...

stuff is a techy term huh? Whoa... now I too can say stuff more often and pretend being geeky... yay!!

Keith said...

wow you can say that again.

Lorraine said...

Hey I know stuff too, I'm not so ignorant after all. :)
I was considering buying a lap top from Dell, but now forget it, I'll just send them a message: Sod Off,
Ben sent me!

Ben said...

Madcap:
Yes, stuff is totally geeky. Twice.

Keith:
I am too lazy to say stuff again.

Lorraine:
I wouldn't buy a lap dance from Dell. Actually, I might. Hmmm. Asian girls.