Sunday, July 23, 2006

I'd Buy That For A Dollar

eBay.au: Microsoft Windows XP Professional OS (item 120009958959 end time 24-Jul-06 18:15:36 AEST)

Here is a copy of Microsoft Windows XP Professional for sale on ebay without the COA. In other words, what is being sold is the physical media, and not a license to use the the operating system.

Value of blank CD: $1

Current bid, with 24 hours to go: $26 + $4 postage.

Morons Actually, cancel that - an item is worth whatever somebody is willing to pay for it. Morons.

3 comments:

Lorraine said...

I think we're pretty moronized every day of our purchasing lives...Good public service announcement Ben! Maybe you should go into politics

Ben said...

Politics? I don't think so. Sometimes I say things that are not entirely vapid and meaningless and self-serving. Not often mind you, but probably enough to keep me out of office.

Lorraine said...

I know. You killed that asspiration on the Superhero post today!
Good going [g]