Thursday, December 07, 2006

Yay Sun!

Listen.

If I had a dollar for every time Sun announced that they were going to release Java under an open source license, I would be able to buy a really nice lunch instead of this nasty sandwich.

And every time they so announce there is this huge "Yaaaay for Sun!!!" cry from all and sundry.

The thing is, saying it is not doing it. Doing is an entirely different thing to saying. You get that, right?

Sun: We are going to open source Java.

Everyone: Yippeee yippee cheer cheer.

Sun: Wow, I think we'll say that again next month.

Maybe if you all stop giving them credit for the doing stuff, when they're really only exercising the jawbone, then just maybe they might actually get around to releasing some of that Java you've all been hanging out for.

Not me. I don't give a toss about Java.

1 comment:

Lorraine said...

Sun...humbug