Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Ant Farms

I repaired a friend's computer recently. Not my friend, but you know, somebody's. Ok, she is my wife's friend, if you really must insist on getting every little detail, but frankly I think just saying "Not my friend, but you know, somebody's" sounded much cooler and now you've gone and ruined the whole thing and maybe I should just forget it and run away to some place quiet and calm far far far from this ant farm we call "society"...

There were several problems, including faulty RAM, spyware, adware, and the odd virus. Well, ok, it wasn't that odd. It was quite an ordinary virus, however "the ordinary virus" doesn't have much of a ring to it.

But that's quite beside the point, as it turns out, for the point - apart from providing lots of great opportunities to use the phrase "ant farm" - the point is actually around here somewhere...

The thing is that, given the insane ant farm in which we spend our days, it can be satisfying to occasionally help out just because you can, and in whichever way you can. You don't need to be wealthy to create a windfall moment for another resident of the ant farm.

Ok, so it was just about saying "ant farm". Ant farm ant farm ant farm ant farm ant farm ant farm ant farm ant farm ant farm ant farm ant farm ant farm ant farm ant farm ant farm ant farm ant farm ant farm ant farm ant farm ant farm ant farm ant farm ant farm ant farm ant farm ant farm ant farm ant farm ant farm ant farm ant farm.

18 comments:

Windfall Woman said...

Wow. Thank you for the plug! Your wife is lucky. So's her friend. :-)

Ben said...

You're welcome.

Then I was going to say: "And yes, they are lucky. Again, and again, and again lucky. It's just the kind of guy I am."

But I won't, because that would cheapen the whole thing, and I'm pretty sure that might have some kind of downside I am not currently aware of.

Windfall Woman said...

Well, you wouldn't say it because then you wouldn't look so cool. And you wouldn't do that because you are cool CF. And we both know it's all about the coolness CF. Except, of course, when it's about the HOTNESS.

Ben said...

:)
Yes, consistent aren't I. Coolness. Hotness. Deepness. Bullshitness.

It's all about the words, man.

If you say "Man" at the end of a sentence like that people believe you really mean it, even if what you just said is completely senseless.

Take it from me, man.

Windfall Woman said...

LMAO. At first reading, I thought your comment said "Depends" instead of "deepness." It's all about the Depends. You are so cool, Ben, man. Your visual verification is naked too.

Ben said...

Nope, not Depends. I am just filled with geeky coolness, like one of those guys who knows stuff about computers and internet thingies. You know - those IRC web page DNS gadgets.

Windfall Woman said...

I do so adore a cool geek with an Aussie accent. I'm not getting the Tom Cruise connection though. Could that be why word verification is sfgvso?

Windfall Woman said...

Hey! What happened to the iamsodamngood blog? Is everything ok? Like seriously? It coufuzss me ...like the coufuzss verification below. Or is that a v instead of a u?

Ben said...

re Tom Cruise: It could be I a word verification connection. But most likely it is just that I am implying I am gay in order to sow confusion and doubt.

re Iamsodamngood: I have too many blogs for somebody with a job, and a family. Something had to go.

Windfall Woman said...

Yes, I figured you were implying that. Yes, I understand having so many blogs and managing a job and a family. I can barely manage ONE blog and work.

Ben said...

Of course once I become all famous and shit and get a million hits per day and bucket loads of cash from advertising and product placement and stuff, then I might be a bit more motivated.

PS Click on the google ad.

Windfall Woman said...

I'll click. I promise.

Ben said...

That's the spirit!

Windfall Woman said...

Yeah. I'm a spirited kind of girl.

Ben said...

Yes. Yes you are.

Windfall Woman said...

Hey CF, are you gonna write more techie stuff soon? I'm.....salivating.

Ben said...

I will see what I can do. :)

Windfall Woman said...

Now, that's a thought! :-)